Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Model For Design

I am always looking for models or systems to help me find success.
Here is a model for design in general that I've found helpful.
1) PRE-PRODUCTION.
Obtain Goal
Analyze and Research
Identify and Resolve Problems
2) PRODUCTION.
Develop
Test
3) POST-PRODUCTION.
Implement
Evaluate
This system is applicable to just about any design related issue.
Because I find systems that comport with natural human tendencies more effective, I also considered what seems to be the "natural" human epistemology when putting this together. Note that the third feature of each section implies a return to an earlier part in the process, reconsidering what you've done so far. This means that it is in fact "looping" or reiterative rather than strictly linear. Furthermore, the final feature implies that there is no necessary ending.
I keep this small list around in many places and put it up nearby when I begin aomething new. Maybe it can help you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment